I've seen family violence happen before and it has changed my family permanantly. Ever since the fighting started we started to become a broken family. Everyday all of us kids would be so scared of our parents physically hurting each other. No one knew the reasons that they were fighting for. Some of us were to young to understand what was going on but i knew exactly what was happening. As they faught with one another i would cry and think to myself "did i do something wrong to make my mom and dad fight?" We didn't know what was going to happen to our family . Later, they decided to get a divorce because things weren't working out.
Every member of the family is afected from domestic violence. Family violence creates a home where children live in constant fear. Children that witness family violence are affected in ways similar to children that are abused. They are often unable to make a relationship with both parents. Children that have witnessed domestic violence show more anxiety, low self esteem, anger, and temper problems. The things they experienced can show up in emotional, behavioral, social and physically disturbances that effect their development and can continue until adulthood. They have a fear of abandonment or personal injuries. They often feel like their family is broken. Their behavior has a major change. They isolate themselves and its hard for them to trust anyone. We should care about domestic violence because everyone around you is affected by it. You may not know that but it does happen.

i like how you added the picture. i also liked how you talk what the affects of domestic violence are and how it could affect them as an adult
ReplyDeleteThis is a very personal post. I think that it is great that you shared your experiences with everyone. It helps others who are going through the same thing to know that they are not alone. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteWOW if this ever happen to my family then I don't know what I will do. Also that picture explans every thing about this post.GOOD JOB
ReplyDeleteI agree with you oliana, I live in Russia and seen my parents fight over, over again about the same shit, I forgot what they were fighting about, but it its been a long time now.
ReplyDelete